Veterans who don’t live in Veterans Inc. housing are encouraged to take advantage of the organization’s outreach programs and services. Many of these clients are referred to us from VA facilities, veterans’ service organizations and human service providers, but referrals are not required. All veterans in need are encouraged to contact us at (800) 482-2565 x 108. Click here for an Outreach Application. Please Fax Applications to 508-752-3546 or mail to Veterans Inc. 69 Grove St. Worcester, MA 01605.
In addition, individuals who have successfully completed the shelter program are encouraged to maintain contact with Veterans Inc. through the Outreach Program, after they move out, for as long as needed while they continue their transitions to independent living.
Outreach services include:
- Support groups for PTSD, substance abuse and diabetics
- Job training, onsite and in the Mobile Education Center
- Guidance on applying for local, state, federal and military assistance including medical and mental health benefits, employment income support, food stamps, and veterans and Social Security benefits
- Little Patriots Early Learning Center
- Food Pantry, open twice a month for veterans and/or their families.
Food Pantry Schedule (2014-2015)
- Daily Hot Meals program
- Onsite health screenings and preventative health care services
- Nutritional counseling
- Onsite VA staff at the Grove Street facility, who arrange treatment at VA facilities
- Transportation to work, legal appointments, medical appointments, off-site support group meetings, and community activities. Veterans Inc. coordinates a Vehicles for Vets donation program.
- Clothing including a Dress for Success Program
- Pro bono onsite legal assistance, or referrals to Legal Aid
- Eye exams and glasses, through Mass Health or VA healthcare facilities
- Dental exams through Mass Health or VA healthcare facilities
- Discharge & Transition Plans to support former residents who have moved on to independent living situations. Follow-up support helps address adjustment issues before they reach crisis level, facilitating stability and reducing the chances of future homelessness.
Click here for statistics related to Outreach services.