The Veterans Inc. Outreach Program helps veterans in the community who are at risk of homelessness. Through a variety of programs, services, and referrals, Veterans Inc. works to ensure that at-risk veterans are identified and connected to the resources they need to stabilize their lives.
In addition, clients who have begun the transition from our housing programs are encouraged to maintain contact with Veterans Inc. through the Outreach Program for as long as needed while they continue their transition to independent living.
Outreach Services Include:
- Support groups
- Job training
- Guidance on applying for local, state, federal and military assistance, including medical and mental health benefits, employment income support, food stamps, and veteran and Social Security benefits
- Little Patriots Early Learning Center
- Food Pantry, open twice a month for veterans and their families.
Food Pantry Schedule 2015-2016
- Daily Hot Meals program
- Health screenings and preventative health care services
- Nutritional counseling
- Onsite VA staff at the Grove Street facility who arrange treatment at VA facilities
- Transportation to work, legal appointments, medical appointments, off-site support group meetings, and community activities. Veterans Inc. also coordinates a Vehicles for Vets donation program.
- Clothing, including a Dress for Success Program
- Pro bono legal assistance through referral to Legal Aid
- Eye exams and glasses provided through Mass Health or VA healthcare facilities
- Dental exams provided through Mass Health or VA healthcare facilities
- Discharge & Transition Plans to support former residents who have moved on to independent living situations. Follow-up support helps address adjustment issues before they reach crisis level, facilitating stability and reducing the chances of future homelessness.