Health & Wellness
The Veterans Inc. Health & Wellness Program provides physical, mental, and emotional care that helps veterans develop coping mechanisms and supports reintegration into their families and communities. This care contributes to Veterans Inc.’s success in reducing homelessness. Programs and referrals are also available for non-resident veterans.
Health & Wellness Services Include:
- Physical and mental health assessments
- Referrals to offsite providers
- Diabetic support groups
- Psychological counseling, including support groups for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), socialization skills training, and anger management classes
- Substance abuse treatment and counseling, including support groups for relapse prevention
- Health education (nutrition, fitness, etc.)
- Smoking cessation programs
- Social enrichment activities such as fishing, musical groups, creative writing, and creative arts
- Stress reduction and stress management through counseling, exercise, massage, acupuncture, Reiki, yoga, etc.
- Eye exams and glasses through Mass Health or VA healthcare facilities
- Dental exams through Mass Health or VA healthcare facilities
- Daily transportation to VA healthcare and other medical facilities
- Wellness programs tailored to the individual